top of page

Food Assistance

Food Assistance

​The IC Compassion Food Pantry is open Wednesdays 12-5 PM​


Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

What kind of food is available at the food pantry?
We usually have a variety of food and try to ensure we have fresh produce and meat available each week.
How much food am I allowed to have from the food pantry?

We let you select what you think you need. For popular items, we may limit the amount each family takes to make sure there is enough for all.

Do I get more food if I have a larger family?
We find most families do not take enough food. We encourage you to take what you need.
How frequently can I come to the food pantry? 
We do not restrict the number of visits to the food pantry. We take your name for our statistics and HACAP's records.
What do I need to bring to prove my eligibility for the food pantry?
There are no requirements to use the IC Compassion Food Pantry. We encourage you to bring reusable bags to decrease the use of plastic bags.

Non-Discrimination Statement

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity (including gender expression), sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, family/parental status, income derived from a public assistance program, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity, in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA (not all bases apply to all programs). Remedies and complaint filing deadlines vary by program or incident.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.) should contact the responsible Agency or USDA's TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program discrimination complaint, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, AD-3027, found online at How to File a Program Discrimination Complaint and at any USDA office or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email:

USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer, and lender.

bottom of page